As technology advances car manufactures are constantly trying to improve their vehicles and increase their safety. In 2019 in the state of Virginia alone, there were 827 deaths from accidents. Virginia Beach catastrophic car accidents don’t just affect the victims who sustained bodily harm or die, but the loved ones left behind are also impacted emotionally and in some situations, have to take on heavy financial burdens. It is critically important that if you were hit and injured in a vehicular collision in Virginia Beach that you seek effective legal counsel at Virginia Beach Injury Law. The Virginia Beach catastrophic injury attorney at Virginia Beach Injury Law can take your case and build a strong Virginia personal injury claim for maximum recovery.
In 2021, new automobiles are being equipped with advanced safety systems to aid drivers with the many distractions that happen on the road. The hope is that they will offer a driver extra coverage that will help reduce crashes. Modern innovations in the automobile industry have been quite remarkable and they continue to improve.
What Car Safety Systems are Available in 2021?
Depending on the type of car you choose to purchase, you may be able to take advantage of the following safety features:
- Collision warning systems will alert you when you are moving in a forward motion or when you are driving in reverse when they detect that a crash may be possible.
- Emergency braking will work with the collision warning systems so that you are not only given notice that a hazard is present or the possibility of a crash may take place, but also the car will automatically engage the brakes.
- Lane assistance will tell drivers when they are swerving too close to another lane or crossing over it in addition to manually keeping drivers stable moving directly in the middle of their lane.
- City speed and highway speed automatic braking systems adjust to how fast or slow a car is going and will engage if they detect issues that could lead to a crash.
- Alerts to drivers for when there are objects identified in areas where a driver doesn’t have full visibility such as is the case with blindspots.
- Pedestrian detection will both send an alert to a driver and initiate the brakes when a person is recognized.
- Warning systems that inform a driver of other cars behind and around a vehicle and they will also automatically put on the brakes if necessary.
- Cruise control detects cars in the lane being traveled and ensures that there is the appropriate amount of distance between other vehicles.
It is incredible what your car can do for you to keep you safe with these complex and intelligent systems. Because driver error is the reason behind almost all car accidents, these technologies may be able to pick up the slack where a driver fails which could possibly improve road safety for vehicles and pedestrians.
Speak with a Virginia Beach Car Accident Attorney Today
While safety improvements could make an impact on reducing the number of crashes that take place annually in the country, there are still no guarantees that a crash will not happen. This is especially true because not every car on the road is going to be equipped with this updated technology. Should you be hit and injured in a Virginia Beach car accident, call Virginia Beach Injury Law to schedule a free consultation with an experienced and dedicated Hampton Road car accident attorney at (757) 802-4662.