Any accident that results in injuries can not only be an inconvenience but also traumatic. When injuries are so severe that they significantly impact a person’s life, they may be considered catastrophic. If you sustained a Virginia Beach catastrophic injury from an accident that was caused by a negligent party, you have the right to pursue a Virginia Beach personal injury suit for compensation. Connect with an experienced Virginia Beach personal injury attorney at Virginia Beach Injury Law immediately after your accident to learn about your legal options.
What are Catastrophic Injuries?
Catastrophic injuries can be broken down into three categories:
- Physical injuries inflict massive pain, massive damage, and massive distress to a victim. Physical impairments are often going to impact a victim for the long-term.
- Severe spinal cord injuries that cause permanent damage to the body. These injuries alter movement, sensation, and affect many other bodily functions.
- Cognitive injuries may not be easily narrowed down and diagnosed with specific identification or severity at first. Sometimes, it takes time to understand the full impact a victim of an injury accident who sustained cognitive damage is experiencing. Cognitive injuries can make it difficult for a victim to speak, to engage in daily functions, to remember, and it can cause an individual to easily become confused in even the most mundane situations.
When you have been in a Norfolk injury accident that has caused you to sustain catastrophic injuries, or if you have a loved one who sustained a catastrophic injury in an accident, connect with Virginia Beach Injury Law. Having a resourceful Norfolk personal injury attorney review your case helps you better understand the best way to secure the most compensation possible. When a negligent party’s actions cause you injuries, you have the right under Virginia personal injury laws to pursue compensation to cover your pain and suffering, property damages, medical expenses, and lost wages if you are unable to work.
Some examples of catastrophic physical injuries include:
- Burn injuries
- Severely broken bones
- Significant damages to internal organs
Catastrophic spinal cord injuries can impact part of the body or the whole body. In the most severe cases, a victim will have no sensory or motor control.
Examples of catastrophic cognitive injuries include:
- Loss of consciousness that leads to long-term mental impairment.
- Concussions that cause chronic symptoms such as dizziness, headaches, loss of vision or blurry vision, inability to speak and clearly communicate, and loss of memory.
Speak with a Virginia Beach Personal Injury Lawyer Today
Catastrophic injuries affect every aspect of a victim’s life. These devastating injuries can lead to job loss, strain in personal relationships, financial difficulties, and many other poor outcomes. To help victims of Norfolk injury accidents heal and get back on their feet, it is necessary to work with an experienced Newport News personal injury attorney to obtain a fair settlement.
Call the Norfolk personal injury attorneys at Virginia Beach Injury Law today to schedule a free consultation at (757) 802-4662. We don’t collect any payment unless we win your case.